- Ph.D. in Economics, National Taiwan University, Taiwan, 2014
- M.S. in Economics, National Taipei University, Taiwan, 2002
- B.A. in Economics, Soochow University, Taiwan, 2000
■ Fields of Interest
Macroeconomics, Monetary Economics, Economic Development
- Jin-Xu Lin, Sheng-Chung Lin, Shih-Mo Lin, Chun-Tsun Chin, Shian-Yu Liao, and Kuei-Feng Chang (2020), The Impact of Brexit on Taiwan's Economy and the Strategies for Firms," Chung Yuan Management Review, 18(1), 23-51.
- Been-Lon Chen, and Shian-Yu Liao (2018), "Durable Goods, Investment Shocks and the Comovement Problem," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 50, 377-406.
- Been-Lon Chen, and Shian-Yu Liao (2015), "The Role of Agricultural Productivity on Structural Change," Review of Development Economics, 19, 971-987.
- Been-Lon Chen, and Shian-Yu Liao( 2014), "Capital, Credit Constraints and the Comovement between Consumer Durables and Nondurables," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 39, 127-139.